Angkor is a story
Angkor is a story cast in stone, in temples, their reliefs and chiselled texts.
The temples and ruins dream the dream of ancient glory, of beauty, and of bygone power.
They are lively places where ancestral spirits and the Buddha are revered, where Bodhisattvas (the likes of the Dalai Lama) and Goddesses smile upon you (showing the “Khmer Smile”) and where at night the Hindu gods roam, who were driven from their temples.
Visit the temples and hear what they tell you. Visit them like a wise aunt you really like. Take your time and linger.
- A quick introduction along the key monumennts, from Sambor Prei Kuk to the South Gate of Angkor Thom
- Angkor temples‘ profiles: Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Banteay Srei, Bayon, Ta Prohm, and more
- Remote temples‘ profiles:
Sambor Prei Kuk, Phnom Baset, Prasat Andaet, Koh Ker, Preah Vihear, Phnom Chisor, and Banteay Chhmar
Insights and features
- Devata, the beautiful Goddesses of Angkor.
- Naga – the secret power in Angkor
Exquisit sites, little known, pleasant foot walks